Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Downtown and All Around

Exploring Downtown Fort Myers was definitely a new experience for me.  While I had attended my sorority's semiformal at Harborside in 2010, I never really appreciated my surroundings.  At the time, I did not even notice that there was an Olympics museum only a couple yards away.
I truly enjoyed the scavenger hunt and it forced me to look at the area in a way that I never would have before.  In its own way, it forced me to appreciate the thriving independent businesses as well as inform me of the history of this area that I have called home for the past two years.
I think my favorite part was having to look at the details of every little thing to find the answers. For example, I not only read every sign that I crossed but I also paid attention to the graffiti and stickers that people have left throughout the years.  When you take the time to truly look around and appreciate the beauty and personality of the downtown streets, you have a whole new respect for it.  I definitely plan to revisit the downtown area both in the day and at night to take in all that it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment