Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Trapsing Through the Swamp #11

I actually enjoyed having the class split into two separate groups.  It allowed us to take in more of our surroundings without having to wait for an entire class of people. 
While I was well aware that various bugs were going to be prevalent, I was not expecting to see an alligator on this trip, never mind two.  It was absolutely hilarious to see DeAnna get so excited over the tiny gator that she discovered. I would have appreciated it more if I had not been panicking over the various bugs that continuously found their way onto my person; or even worse, my fellow classmates pretending to be bugs just to watch me squirm.
All in all, I actually enjoyed the trip considering that I am not the outdoorsy type. However, I could have lived without the torrential downpour. While it was a nice reprieve from the seemingly blistering heat, it put a damper on the experience and limited the time that we spent learning about the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.
Although I will most likely never visit this place again, I did enjoy the little excursion and would recommend it to people who enjoy this sort of activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment